Upwork is one of the biggest freelancing platforms to date. However, with the recent surge of aspiring freelancers, it’s quite difficult to make it through its account approval process. But no worries! Simply follow the tutorial below to get approved on Upwork instantly.
- Go to Upwork.com then click Sign up on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then, choose whether you want to Continue with Google or Continue with another email address.
- Click that and type in your Google account.
- Type in your country, and then choose I want to Work as a Freelancer.
- Tick Yes, I understand and agree to Upwork’s Terms of Service. Click Create my account.
- Once you see this pop-up box, click Continue.
- Click Start my Profile.
- Add the main service you offer.
- Add your types of services.
- Add 10 skills. Then click Next.
- Select your experience level. Choose Intermediate and click next.
- Add your education. Fill up all sections as instructed. Click Save.
- Then click Next.
- Add your past work experience. Click Save.
- Then, select your English Proficiency. I recommend that you choose Fluent. Click Next when done.
- Set your hourly rate. Click Close and then Next.
- Add your Title and Overview.
- Add a profile picture.
- Click next again and add your address, then click Next.
- Then add your number and click next.
- Review your account details before clicking Submit Profile.
Onlinejobs.ph is a good alternative if you can’t find enough opportunities on Upwork. Sign up using the tutorial below.
- Go to OnlineJobs.ph and click on the Register link at the upper-right corner.
- Click on “I am a Worker” and fill in all your details, including your real Facebook account.
- Click on Register.
- Check your e-mail and click on the verification link to activate your account.
- Now, you’re ready to start creating your freelancing profile.
- Rate your skills from 1-5 stars, with 5 stars being the highest.
- Click on “I’m Done With Ratings.”
- customize your profile. Click My Account on the upper right corner of the page.
- Skip the proficiency test for now – we’ll deal with that later.
- Add a professional profile picture at the second step.
- Then, add a government ID. Make sure it’s clear and shows your details properly.
- Connect your Facebook account by clicking the “Connect with Facebook” button.
- Go back to the proficiency tests. Grab screenshots of each and upload by clicking “Select Screenshots” and Save.
- Now you’re ready to go job hunting! Start by clicking Job Board at the upper right of the screen.
One of the most overlooked platforms is LinkedIn. Based on experience, LinkedIn is a good platform to connect with professionals, especially potential clients. Sign up on LinkedIn using the tutorial below.
- Navigate to the LinkedIn sign up page.
- Type your first and last name, email address, and a password you’ll use.
- Click Join now.
- Check your email and verify your email address.
- Sync email contacts and other information.
- Choose a Basic or Premium Account. But because you’re getting started with LinkedIn, we recommend using the Basic account for now.
- Complete any additional steps as prompted.
- Add a professional profile picture.
- Add your past work experiences and skills.
- Ask for recommendations from your colleagues on LinkedIn as this will boost the effectiveness of your profile.